Tuesday, 29 January 2008

Nathan Bransford is the bomb.

Hey all,

The absolutely adorable agent Nathan Bransford is offering to do a first page contest. He's gonna read them, critique them, and consider which are particularly good. There are prizes, but this is not why I'm entering.

(I just put my first page up, under JKB in the comments. W00T!)

I'm entering because this really makes the whole thing real for me. I was always such a sarcastic, pessimistic soul with my writing...never really considering deep down I could finish a book that rocked my world and I would have enough confidence in to publish - but this one is it.

And by putting it out into the world, and allowing an agent of Nathan's calibre to critique it, I take the first steps to acknowledging that this is the way I'll go.

Very heady stuff.

I'd encourage you (if you haven't) to go over and read through the entries.

And to really thank Nathan. He doesn't have to do it but he does, and he's just darling. Darling.

(Edit: Here is his blog address : http://www.nathanbransford.blogspot.com/ )

1 comment:

Heidi the Hick said...

I adore him and am quite concerned about him right now...!

I put mine up the first day. Then wished I hadn't. But left it there. I have no great hopes, since I've already entered his First Line and First Paragraph contests, and also sent him my query which he politely rejected! But it takes guts to post it, and I'll need guts if I'm going to do what I plan to do with this thing.

You want it to be a book, you have to have people read it!

Good luck. I'm going to try to look for it.