Sunday, 17 February 2008

Goals Monday

Hello, kittens!

I am hitting the 5 chapters a week goal pretty easy; I think I need to up the ante a bit. I want the following for this week: 

- 7 chapters finished (so 37 in the book). Alternatively, I want to be entirely out of the labyrinth by the end of the week. (she says mysteriously)

- research synopsis writing. I have a fear of this I think should not be a fear. Yes, it's hard. But so is finishing a massive book with 6 further planned. So since I'm doing the massive book, the synopsis should be a piece of cake. Right?

That's enough for this week. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - I have a feature requst for you. When the book is ready and published (which IT WILL BE! I don't doubt it!!!), please make sure it is translated to German ASAP ;-)
Because although I can write specs in English, I fear I will not get everything you write and I want to get it all! Plus, I will then buy the English original version for the authentic Jen style, plus the German version to get it all -> double revenue for you!

Like, in your post, what does "I think I need to up the ante a bit" mean? What is the "ante"?
Think global ;-))

Daniela (already a fan)

PS - about the synopsis stuff - don't worry. I know you can do it.

Heidi the Hick said...

Have you checked out Nathan Bransford's blog for synopsis information?

Listen, don't worry if you find it difficult. I think it's hard. My best advice to you is: keep the voice, stick to the important plot details, make it interesting.

Wow. Um, helpful? Sorry!

I admire you goal setting and most of all your goal reaching!