Friday, 18 April 2008

Goals Friday

Well, here it is. Another weekend.

And one of my main characters is dead. She just died today, in fact.

She is an interesting character in my book, to be sure. She'd started out as a "bad guy" and then the natural order of things proressed, and when I actually got to her part, and her death, I got all upset. She'd shown her true nobility, braveness and her loneliness to me, and I had reacted to it. I can recognize that feeling, certainly. I've been here for six years almost, but the loneliness has never really went away. I think it's just a part of my soul, which is why I'm a writer.

Just for the record, I was lonely in America and Australia too. And I've got my hubs, friends and of course the catz and dogz, but still. Maybe it's from growing up on the plains of Oklahoma. Just that wildness and silence and openness I need. I dunno.

So I really find that coming out in a big way the further I get into it. And now, there is only one large scene at the end left. I will do as much as possible...the words are spilling out, and I can't stop. I've been working on this for five hard months, and I am really interested in how it will end.

Ja, so other things. I've gotten some nice agents out of publishers marketplace and will research them, and redid my query (as well as an additional two examples). I dunno which is my favorite right now. I will decide later. I've also got a great 250 wd synop and an almost complete big synop (just waiting to see how it ends, LOL) And then that' s done.

I have to research websites and think about reserving a name. I know exactly what I want but a) it's gonna need flash coding and b) it'll be hideous expensive. So I'm still up in the air on that.

How is yours coming along? Where you at??

1 comment:

Heidi the Hick said...

I love it that your own story caught you off guard like that. Mine made me cry a lot too. I mean, that's gotta be good right????

I think the "bad guys" are always so interesting.

I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on growing up in the wide open spaces. I do believe our environment shapes us permanently, and not always how we expect it to.

Have a good weekend!