Tuesday, 22 April 2008

PLEASE keep your fingers crossed...

For my little cat. 

He's not really a cat, you see. He's more my little shadow, and has been since I got him at age 3 months. We flew from Prague together, and he has been as firmly entrenched in my heart as I am in his. 

I came home tonight to find him very sick on the couch; breathing difficulties, poo and pee and vomit right there, you name it. SOO cold *and for a little Sphynx cat this is a bad thing.*

So I took him to the vet, and they've kept my little cat overnight in an oxygen tent. It turns out he has cardiomyopathy, which is an enlarged heart. He has water in his lungs, and a swollen gassy belly. 

Tomorrow morning I have to call at 10 to see if he is stable enough for an ultrasound, so we know what we're dealing with. 

Please please don't let anything happen to my little cat. 

I am quietly melting down. 

3 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh how awful.

I will be thinking of him, and you. I love my cat so much and I know I haven't got much longer with him (he's 18) but I know the feeling... he is my shadow. I know how much critters are a part of our hearts.

Wishing him health...

JKB said...

Thanks Heidi, I didn't catch a wink last night, and reading about HCM on the internet was not helping. I am counting down here until 10.

Thanks for your thoughts...

zmq said...

oh no ... :-/

me and el boyfrendo, we keep everything crossed we can cross - fingers, legs, toes ...