Tuesday, 22 April 2008

The saga continues...

I'm at home now with the little cat. He is feeling very bad and groggy. My vet has referred us to a cat cardiologist for tomorrow morning. I had to take off from work - I feel badly about it but frankly I would sell my soul if I could be assured my boy would be all right. 

Anyway, he's here, under the covers of the bed, firmly lodged in the crook of my knee out cold. The intensive care section at my vets is right off the beaten path in the office, so everyone can check on the animals there by the minute. He didn't get much sleep. (We're all under the covers, me the little boy and his brother.)

His brother vomited all over the house today from stress and upset, and it was so touching to see them when I let the little cat out of the towel I brought him home in (He is so cool that you don't need a carrier for him. As long as he can check out what's going, he's absolutely still). His brother followed him around, and gave him lots of kisses. They love each other lots. We are all interdependent.

So I am sitting here with my little cat being so deeply thankful that he's here. He is here and for right now, he's alive. 

I'll keep you updated.

4 comments:

zmq said...

so glad to hear he's at home and with you ... say hello do him from el boyfriendo and me ...

dhanks for the post. Ich glaube, ich hätte sonst heute abend nicht einschlafen können ...

Get better soon, little cat.

Debbi said...

Where did this come from? this is out of the blue isn't it?

I hope he's alright and the doctors give him a clean bill of health. Prayers are sent his way.

JKB said...

Completely out of the blue. Completely.

This is not shaping up into my favorite year, to be honest.

JenWriter said...

Awwww, so glad he's okay for now. I hope he gets even better and back to his old self.