Monday, 9 June 2008

Enough's enough

That's right. You heard it here first.
 
Having polished and polished my little (huge) novel incessantly, I will begin the query process. Next Monday.
 
Be still my heart.
 
I've got a rabid good query, an excellent book and faith in myself. I don't think I'll be blogging much about the process. Hopefully. You probably wouldn't want to hear my whining or my sad sack approaches to the inevitable rejection letters.
 
I realized that if I don't start sending it, I'll obsess over every little detail and by doing so, totally put off ever submitting it. And it's too good. Too unique.
 
Plus just a little hint? I was given the sequel's name this weekend by my generous subconscious ... Ready for it?
 
"The Trickster"
 
The awesomeness astounds even me.
 

10 comments:

cindy said...

good luck!!!!!!!! i said i wouldn't talk about my querying, then i couldn't be quiet about it. haha!!

JKB said...

Oh man don't tell m thqt ROFL. But you foudn such a great agent...I hope I find one as good.

Can you sprinkle some dust over here on Monday?

Heidi the Hick said...

You go! It's true. It's gotta go or you start to obsess. I don't know if you're much like me... but I've tweaked it so many times since my first queries were sent last August. Your query though kicks my ass all over the world. You've got so much going for you!

Knock em dead!

(love the sequels title too!!!)

JKB said...

:) :) :) Heidi, I am exactly like you. I got to thinking about this over the weekend when I was on my like second or third total run through, and my hubs really kicked my tail.

"Why don't you just send it out? It is great as it is..." his opinion was that I was procrastinating, which could be true. LOL

And you know who helped me make that query as strong as it is -- YOU!! YOU ROCK!!

Heidi the Hick said...

(blush)

AZ said...

Congratulations and good luck! And feel free to talk about the querying process. I'm interested.

cindy said...

*lucky dust!!**sprinkle***sprinkle**sprinkle**

JenWriter said...

Good luck! If you want one last eye to look over your query before you send it out, let me know!

JKB said...

Oh jenwriter, you have opened a can of worms! LOL How is your query process going?

Cindy, *BLUSH* You are a darling. Thanks SO much for checking the query, you are a doll! Go Asian Fantasy! Go Native American Fantasy! Can I get a w00t w00t!

AZ, I might say something here and there, but you know how I am. Ganesha is getting a lot of incense right now. ROFL.

JenWriter said...

The querying process for me is just going okay. I've gotten some rejections. One partial request and one full request. Now I'm just waiting. And waiting. Addicted to email these days.