Tuesday, 29 July 2008

Sad thoughts...

It seems like everything is only halfway lately...

...halfway weather...
...halfway partial requests...
...halfway feeling decent...
...halfway inbetween test times...
...halfway LIFE...
...halfway done with the last chapter. This thing just doesn't want to END...

...but maybe the worst is my halfway feeling about my critiques I'm giving in my fantabulous critique group. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm reading them, and let me tell you they are awesome, but I cannot seem to get out anything that helps the writer. 

It is so frustrating. Maybe I'm just having a roller coaster mood swing, but I'm. Hating. It. 

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Okay, I'm not critiquing hardly at all, and I'm afraid when I do I'm not helpful and a little picky to boot. Sigh. I think it all comes in waves.

I've been in a funk lately, too. I just keep moving forward. It'll end.

If you feel crappy, that colors everything. Hot tea, ginger snaps. Seriously. I'm not british or anything but they really helped me when I... you know.... felt crappy. And take naps where possible.

This too shall pass.

Heidi the Hick said...

Don't be too hard on yourself! You're one of the hardest working people I've met here.

You can take it easy every now and then.

JKB said...

Oh thanks guys. It is all just so crazy. I'm on a roller coaster ride and don't know when it ends.