Wednesday, 23 July 2008

You can't always get what you want...

So, I won't finish the WIP tonight. But, hopefully, by tomorrow night. I had lots of critiques I'd fallen behind on in Four Corners, and I was being an idiot. Have to make that an important priority. 

So I wrote probably 4,000 words in critiques and stuff, and am a couple chapters shy of finishing P. 

Like I said, tomorrow. 

This word-a-thon was a good idea, but it's kicking my tail. 

And not to be an idiot or anything, but I wrote some pages of Vyn this evening. And boyyyyy did that feel good. Dark. Edgy. I think, I needed that time to let him mellow. He's got some REAL anger issues. I'm still jonesing after that Rob the Bouncer book, but the end of the month is coming. Then I'm on it. 

I also plan an "investigative" foray into a dive of a dancing club here in the cit-ae. This club is so cool...it's owned by a real, live motorcycle gang. After Jabba the Hut quit Star Wars, he came down to earth and became the DJ at this place. And between 12 and 4 in the morning all the goths come in and dance to 80's pop. The place is simply soooo cool and random, it boggles the mind. 

Anyway, I'm going to go there and interview/try to talk to the bouncers and help at the club. My hubs swears I am crazy to do it, but it's all in the name of research, right? It's only fair, since Vyn bounces at a club very like it in the book. 

All in the name of research, baby. 

3 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

You are insane and I love it. Can you sneak a camera in there????

Vyn sounds like, may I say it, fun?

JKB said...

LOL I will try. I really want to go, and secretly I think the hubs is afraid of going into it. LOL

Dive is too generous a word for it.

cindy said...

you're doing GREAT!!! yay!!