Wednesday, 6 August 2008

...

What do you do with a full day when you've got a full evening on your hands and you've promised your husband to not start writing for another THREE WHOLE WEEKS? When you've already ...  

... cleaned the house
... worked the whole day
... sent out all your queries
... re-read your book ending for the 13 billionth time
... got full details down on the next book
... exercised
... made your food lists for the weekend
... gotten all your errands done
... don't have any kids to look after
... made the cats happy and they don't need you right now
... emailed your mother a (not SO) friendly reminder that I need more US stamps
... reminded your british buddy you could be doing with some UK stamps too


I guess I could ... 

... work on a title
... research stockyards
... research immigration in the US
... keep obsessively clicking Get Mail in the hopes of another reply
... go over to Absolute Write and see what's shaking there

But wait. He said anything to do with the book. Which includes research, which I find ... a little excessive, really. 

What does that frakking leave me? Eh? EH? 

I could ... 

...

...

Shiz. There IS a downside to doing what you love to do. Everything is tied up in it.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

ha ha! This is so funny!!!

You could catch a flight and clean the house of one of your writer buddies who is too busy trying to keep up with you that she hasn't cleaned in way too long (ahem).

Or, I could send you my address and you could send me chocolate (or does that require US stamps?)

Or... geez, I've run out of things to do. What do other people do if they aren't writing???

I think three weeks is way excessive. And not researching??? Is he out of his mind?

JKB said...

Heidi, I'm feeling ya. I do need your address, as I've got five nice german chocolate bars here with your name on them burning a hole on my counter. LOL

Truth be told, I don't like cleaning much. So I'll send you another chocolate for extra energy when you get around to cleaning LOL.

I think he is out of his mind. Truly. I know he just wants what's best for me but I don't know how long I'll last. HEHE

Heidi the Hick said...

I know! Go find a place with horses and beg for a ride, or pay for a ride, or offer to brush them or something! Or go watch a horse show, no wait, that will just feed the fever. I think you should do something horsey to get your mind off the book thing.

And also maybe hint to the hubs that in return for keeping up with your deal, he should maybe take you out for a movie and dinner?

Oh I know! Sleep!

And read a new book. That can't count, right?

Heidi said...

I totally echo the reading thing. Gosh I've missed that since this word a thon thing started!

I could always send you my WIP....