Monday, 18 August 2008

Dreaming of you...


Dear Second P book: 

 

Look, I know we're *likethis*. I know you're great – you've been bashing your plot against the insides of my head since I finished your sister. You started out slow and sly – just a twinge, here and there – but lately? This is getting not funny.


I KNOW I'm taking a break! But it's only like a couple three weeks, man! It doesn't have to be this way.


What way, you ask so innocently as you perch in my unconscious?

 

Stop winking.

 

The way you're acting right now is not right. I shouldn't fall asleep every night and dream I am starting the first page. I shouldn't be looking at it with such satisfaction, watching the words fall from the video in my head to the page in front of my fingers. I shouldn't be writing pages and pages in my sleep, and feel a pain in my heart when I wake up every morning and discover – nothing there.

 

AND THEN REMEMBER I AM SUPPOSED TO BE TAKING A BREAK!

 

Yes, I was yelling with caps. Sorry.

 

The hubs thinks that writing is a drug, an addiction. Right now, I'm not so sure he's wrong.

 

And I'm having bad withdrawal symptoms.

2 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Whew.

You got the buggy eyes and the twitch too, eh?

Well I'm an enabler so I say go ahead and just jot something down on the back of a receipt or something.

Nobody needs to know...!

Heidi said...

I'm with Heidi th on this one!

When they gotta be told, they gotta be told!