Sunday, 10 August 2008

Kewl

So yesterday, I met up with one of the fantabulous Four Corners critique group - and it was everything I thought it would be. 

K* came over with her husband and we all hogged out on fabulous tapas, saw UFOs, drank beer and wine and coke and ginger ale, laughed about the juxtaposition of the US and DE and how we're living in it, made fun of each other, and generally had just an awesome, awesome time. 

My hubs and I are ... not all sweetness and light all the time, and thankfully K* and her hubs are the same way. 

I think it was one of the nicest evenings I've ever had in Germany, and that's saying alot. Now, if we haven't run them off, I'll try to get us all together again. With M*, her kid, included. There's a lot of opportunity for the boy catz to be permanently scarred from an interaction with a little kid, and we're jumping on it. 

Hope your weekend was as grand!

*names not included...she deserves some privacy, after all :)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh! Sounds so fun! I feel so alone here in the U.S.!

Is it possible we all will never actually meet???

What a rush this week has been, eh?

JKB said...

It makes me sad that we didn't know each other sooo well when we came and visited the US in March. I would have LOVEd to eat out with you and the husband and the kids...

But never fear, we WILL get together. That I know.

Will I ever get an agent? This I wonder....today it seems like an impossible dream.

Heidi the Hick said...

gasp! Lucky!

I want us to all meet up too. Maybe all at once is a little difficult but I'm having faith that it'll happen.

Like, at a book signing with all 7 of us. Could happen, right????