Thursday, 11 September 2008

Thursday round-up and goals...

Well, how-dee!

My blog buddy Kelly Gay had up a great post about energy-suckers and how you ought to watch the influence people and things like that have in your life, and it was like she was channeling me yesterday. Right now I'm dealing with a situation that is like that; a force of negativity that is seeping over into all aspects of my life. 

I don't know yet how I'm going to deal with it but I can say that watching Priscilla, Queen of the Desert while going carnivore (we're mostly veggies over here) was a big help. Sometimes just getting your mind off the situation helps, but I'm afraid it's too tightly interwoven with my life for me to do this. 

Oh well. As my P says, I'm not going to think about that right now.

On to super happier things. My goals: I made my three chapters easily, without rushing. And I read the entire book up to the point where I am at and am happy to say that it feels like its much much better. I posted a blog entry from Newbie, and I ran twice. (Wine killed the other time). I didn't practice the flute o_O mainly because I was googling horsies. 

LOL

This next week? 

- Let's say three more chapters. I might be in the train this weekend which would give me more time, but I should be realistic.
- 3 times running x 1 hour
- Find a marketing blog. I know they are out there.

Right now I think that's it. Until I can figure out how to handle this situation, I am not gonna work myself all up on the one (of two, the other being hubs and the boys) thing in my life that is pure unadulterated joy. 

I would like to say that there are not enough hours in the day and not enough days in the week for me to get all my crap done. 

So how you coming along?

2 comments:

Benjamin Stürmer said...

You say you've read through your book up to the point you've reached. When you're reading your own material, how do you keep yourself from simply skimming? Whenever I get to the point of revising my own work, I have a really hard time approaching the story as a reader and actually absorbing the content, because I already know what happens inside and out.

Heidi the Hick said...

I don't have enough time for it all either! It's okay though; with the kids back in school I'm back at the barn all day and that is good!!

I've been reading over RIDE and I'm pleasantly surprised. That's good. There are problems but I can fix them. It looks like I'll be going back and forth between two stories for awhile. Hopefully that'll just keep me on my toes.