Tuesday, 2 September 2008

Utter, utter panic

Mood: duh
Status: Revising

Oh my, oh my, oh my? What was I thinking? How can I get this done the right way? 

Most days I'm good and strong and the editing queen but today I am not. 

I think I'm afraid I'll mess it all up somehow. My editing will make my book a pile of crapola. I'm purposefully pacing myself and that is hard for me to do...I'm not normally a person that paces herself. Just gives it 150% and then some, and is exhausted afterwards.

But this is different...in the care and patience I'm employing to do this "right", I wonder if I'm doing it right. 

Holy bull it's not a feeling I was expecting!

ETA: I am doing better now. Did some Ganesh talking, ate with a Buddhist bud of mine...putting everything into perspective really helps. 

Sometimes I just manage to freak myself completely out. This morning was one of those times.

1 comment:

Heidi the Hick said...

I don't doubt you.

maybe it's best to work like you usually do? Or do you feel like you have to slow down to get it right?

Either way, you're a good writer and you can only make a good book better. That's the direction you're going anyways, from what I've seen!!