Monday, 27 October 2008

I'm back!

I'm back!

Here I am! Missed me?

I missed me. I missed you all, too. I didn't realize how important blogging was to my peace of mind before I wasn't doing it. It was a voluntary decision and I don't regret it, I think it helped.

Lots of things were put in perspective during this last month.

Patience.

Determination.

Sickness.

Joy.

Sadness.

I'm glad to be back and be all sharing it with you guys.

Now I'm back...to as normal as I can be. And my normal is my definition, so I'm okay with that. 

NOTE: Here coming up I am extremely excited to say that Kathi Appelt, the wonderful author of "The Underneath" (nominated for unbelievable stuff!) is going to hang at the blog and let me interview her!

Now, I'm not an interviewing sort of writer, but German laws dictate I can't write a specific review (as I understand it) to convince someone to buy or not buy a book. Because of that I've decided to try and interview authors that mean something to me; where they've touched a nerve with their book, or just been so great that I'd review the book if I could. 

And Kathi is the first!

So stay tuned!

6 comments:

Benjamin Stürmer said...

Welcome back!

I am intrigued by this law you mention. I've never heard of anything like that. Is there a law against recommending or not recommending books in general in Germany, or do you have some status that makes it illegal for you to write them? Can you point me in the direction of the pertinent law?

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you're back! I've missed your blogs, even if I get to write you everyday in emails!

I hope you are feeling better. I can't wait to see your interview!

JKB said...

Hey Benni, I heard it from Tobias.. you might want to check with him. I can't read the german legal stuff, my head is spinning after a couple sentences.

Thanks Heidi, I'm really looking forward to her answers! She is so nice, I'm really quite excited.

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back - I DID miss you.

About that law stuff, I think you misunderstood (no surprise, me, trying to explain the fine details of German law in English), it's not quite that bad. Let's talk about that tomorrow.

-T

Heidi the Hick said...

Welcome back to blog land!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I have emailed several times, but it looks like they're not going through to you. I thought this might be an easier way to reach you temporarily just to make sure you get this.

Jennifer McCay