Tuesday, 25 November 2008

2008 - GO AWAY

Sheesh.

This has just so not been my year in some things. Take, for instance, my animals.

Do you remember earlier this year when we almost lost Black cat? When we found out the Blue cat has the same problem? Yeah. Not a lot of fun in this house for those months where we all had to get used to the new pills and method ofoperation for two formerly insane cats. They are totally healthy now and I am so thankful for that, but it tooka long while before I stopped holding my breath when I opened the door.

I thought we were over it then, that the bad luck had passed us by.

And then Friday night the Dog Remmers started to act funny. When I went downstairs the next morning he was layingout, straight on his side, and any movement caused him to scream in pain. We took him immediately to the vet and he's been there since Saturday. We picked him up today - and he can't move his back legs. No control over the pooand pee. Can't stand unassisted.

The vet doesn't know what's wrong - but assures us he'll 'get back to normal' in no time. How does that arithmetic work out, Batman?

My heart is breaking.

What are our next steps? Reiki - and lots of it (I'm a Second Level). A second opinion (I want to take him to the boyz cardiologist in Duisburg's vet clinic...they are super state of the art.) No MRIs - here in Germany they DON'T DO IT FOR ANIMALS. (I know. I KNOW). Waiting a couple weeks to see if he gets better on his own.

If he doesn't?

I don't want to think about that.

So if you have a minute to spare, can you please, please think of a skinny, tall red dog with a goofy grin that answers to Remy, and please send some good energy his way?

We'd all really thank you for it.

5 comments:

Benjamin Stürmer said...

My thoughts are with you guys, Jen - I hope Remy pulls through this alright.

Heidi the Hick said...

Be strong, Remy!

That stress of caring for an ill animal is awful. They can't tell us where it hurts in our own language. I ca't figure out what could be causing his pain; that's really weird symptoms. I have heard of Reiki working really well on critters so give it all you can!

pseudosu said...

Sending pos healing energy. My thoughts are with you. That sounds like BS-- how is he going to just "get back to himself?" I'd for sure go for the second opinion...

Heidi said...

consider it sent.

Dawn Anon said...

good thoughts are in the air