Thursday, 20 November 2008

Research, ah, I loves it.

What is an awesome byproduct of research? 

The recipes. 

Seriously, when I was in the final stages of PS, we had my yummy southern favorites I remember from when I was a kid. 

Right now I am heavy into Mexican dishes and MAN are they good. I wish I could find chipotle and other green chilis, but I guess that would not be good for my husband - he doesn't like the spicey so much. MMMM I do!

Empanadas AND Chicken Mole! (That last one, ladies and gentlemen, with chocolate sauce. MMM)

I love writing books.

6 comments:

Benjamin Stürmer said...

That sounds wonderful. We should have a chili party when I've returned to Germany - I'm dying over here with my puny little kitchen. I have exactly one element on my stove and no oven...

pseudosu said...

Not sure what empanadas are, but do you srsly mean chicken w/ chocolate ON it somehow? Is that an actual thing?

JKB said...

Benjamin - sounds good.

Pseu - Yes. Chocolate sauce. It has chili in it and it is thee booombe. However, the sauce is more complicated by far than the chicken making part of it.

It's worth it, though.

Heidi said...

Yeah... I do that too.. the getting all wrapped up in the food in a book. I've even seen a couple books that feature food as part of the story include recipes in the back!

I love me some empanadas, too. And tamales. My dad grew up in Guatemala so we always have tamales for New Years.... family tradition. Mmmmmmm!

pseudosu said...

I cannot wrap my mind around chicken bathed in chocolate sauce. Going to go eat a Dove now...

JKB said...

HeidiW - MMMM tamales.

Pseu - whenever you're over here, I'll make you it. :)