Sunday, 7 December 2008

Day 3 - Salzburg

Well, harroo!

Here we find ourselves in cloudy Salzburg for Day 3. It's the birthplace of Mozart and the bane of Rogers and Hammerstein. 

Why?
"The Sound of Music" was filmed in locations in and around Salzburg, and a hefty tourism business has grown up around it. 

Yup, you can get your - 

REAL Edelweiss seeds! (Nevermind but they do not grow in just any climate)
FANTASTIC fountain pictures (Do-re-me ... yes, that fountain)

- and many other 'authentic' crap that is overpriced and crazy marketed.

But damme isn't it beautiful? 

The apple strudel here rawks as well. I fully intend on taste-testing it once again. 

Very beautiful. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

When I was in Austria in 2001, we totally did the Salzburg Sound of Music Tour. It was awesome! Sigh. I love Austria.

Darn, now you've got me craving Sacher Torte!