Friday, 26 December 2008

We can haz award?

Thanks, Brit, for giving me my first award!

I'm all pleased and tingly and stuff. Here are the rules of the award: 

The Rules:
1) Add the logo of your award to your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.


So here goes. 

1) Done (Sometimes I am so literal. Sheesh)
2) Long time done. 
3) ohhhh. Okay. 

BLOG 1: Cindy Pon
With her super new YA fantasy based in China coming out next year, and considering her publisher is calling her an 'extraordinary new talent', you'd think she'd be horribly snotty. BUT. Cindy is a superb artist, the queen of pep talks (/bootay SHAKE!) and, well, a great blogger, to boot. I've had lots of fun emailing back and forth with her from meeting her 'online', and all the success couldn't happen to a nicer person. (PS go to her website to see beautiful chinese brush paintings!! luvesit!)

Another mad one with a new book ready to be released! Sarah is riveting and absolutely hysterical. She's managed to build up a HUGE following for her blog (the smart one) and I regularly feel a little better whenever I see she's posted, for she reminds me of me (admittedly at this time without HUGE book contract, eee) in my geekness and whatsit. Great blog. 

An welding artist, writer of YA, and general all around kook (my favourite kind), Pseudosu has a great blog and wonderful art. She's funny, eclectic and an all around winnah, bbs. She also sometimes posts little-known (to me) song lyrics and has deer that visit her lawn and eat her green things. Quite nifty.

BLOG 4: Scott Eagan
Scott is an agent with Greyhaus lit, and has absolutely amazing insider view of the market. He (unfortunately for some) focuses on the romantic market but he can be counted on for straight-up info and a practical take on the entire agent/publication process. Plus, he teaches writing too. How cool can one guy get?

BLOG 5: Aprilynne's Apparently!
Aprilynne has a great book coming out (I met the rights agent at Frankfurt! She chatted with me like a total winner!) about faeries called Wings...in 2009. (The countdown is real, Aprilynne!!) She was such a total star to read my query letter back in the day, and regularly posts at AW, another place I haunt. Her sale story is pretty inspiring, and to think she's got three more books coming out in a series it looks pretty iron-clad I'll like is comforting, to say the least. 

BLOG 6: Jen Hayley
Jen and I started looking for agents roughly about the same time, I guess. I don't even remember how I found her blog, but sure am glad I did. We both queried, got rejected, wrote new novels while querying, queried those and struck gold with both. Kept in touch the whole time, too. ;) She has great posts on all writer-related subjects. She is just great.

This blog, consisting of four distinctly different writers and their subject materials, is great for a well-rounded view and excellent advice. I like reading updates about how they all handle their writing lives, and I do also appreciate how they take reader questions and all give their unique, individual viewpoints on them. 

4) Done.
5) will do. After I put up this post. 

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Did you do all that with your Touch? If so, I'm impressed!

JenWriter said...

Awwwww, thanks for giving me an award! You rock.

JKB said...

Kerri - Nope, that is too much even for me. :)

JenW - you're welcome! Gold star!

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://www.car-insurance-choices.com