Monday, 29 December 2008

Welcome back!

Well, for many of you, this is the first time back from your Christmas/Yule/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah/Saturnalia fest. 

Did you have fun? 

Did you get what you wanted? (Did you gain weight? HEH)

I got what I wanted. But wait, let me back up a second. 

Let me preface this by saying that although I am a TechWriter by day I am *not* technically inclined. I want the things to work and not break, and be logical. Mostly this works. But I have a low tolerance threshhold for B.S., and usually technology falls under HIGH B.S. :) 

But anyway. My hubs got an iPod Touch when we were in the US (and he is extremely technical-savvy. So much so it's frightening) and has long extolled the magic of having one for me. I wasn't really sure what I'd use it for - after all, I'm not a big music listener (for some reason) and I was sure that was all it was good for. 

But then came Christmas/Yule.....

...and lookie what I got. 

And I had NO IDEA that I would love it as much as I do. It's not *only* for music, homies! There are possibilities for:

- calendar
- notes
- TWITTAH!
- EMAIL!
- Lots and lots of fun-filled GAMES! (Pacman, Tetris, etc)

I am so past being thrilled with this thing, I can't tell you. I am converted. I can check my email from my *bed*, check my twitters when I'm cooking, and it is all so easy. 

I threw away the filofax and bought a plain old wallet. With Hughie (the new name for the new iPOD) everything is taken care of. 

I love it. It is official. 

So in 1.5 years we'll be getting the iPhone. (I'm sure it's all part of the hubs heinous plan to make me some techogeek) 

I've given in. 

6 comments:

Kerri said...

Fangirl

JKB said...

Ha bloddy ha.

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle, little miss Mac Air?

pseudosu said...

Like any sophisticated techno-wizes, we've errected a small shrine to Dan's magical pocked of Mac healing for fixing my ipod. So, I'm just sayin', if any problems arise... The pocket is available.

Plus- no time to blog because I'm covered in childeren still, but THANKS! for listing mah blahg in your favs!

Heidi said...

very cool! I don't have one, mostly a cost/use issue. I do love me some mac! I think I gotta get rid of the kids. They suck up all the good toys around here...

Brit said...

Heidi - Hah!

I have an iPhone and love it. I can check my email when I'm out and about (like at school) I can make appointments, LOVE it.

I hope you enjoy it!

zmq said...

N.E.I.D.!

but eh, I will get a cool toy as well =)
just you wait!

;)