Tuesday, 27 January 2009

HM

Today is one of the bad days. You've had 'em, I've had 'em, but they happen a lot more right now than normal. Eh. 

Where everything is very loopy in my head, where my emotions are wavering between utter content, utter madness and a bit of depression sprinkled like sugar over the top. The new book is now going well, don't get me wrong, but there's always the "submissions process" dangling like a big booger from the nose of my subconscious.

(What a mental image, huh? But it's so true. A big mental booger.)

Then I got an email from a friend..."P will leave her muddy footprints in some editor's heart" ...

...and that made me feel better. 

7 comments:

Heidi said...

That she will.

A little time. That's all she needs.

Brit said...

Yes she will - I'm sure of it.

JKB said...

You guys are my heroes.

HEROES...

I lubs you all.

XO

Kerri said...

You have some really great friends ;o)

pseudosu said...

It's tough keeping everyone alive isn't it? That's how i feel-- like it's up to me to keep them all going until they see the light of day. Keep doing what you're doing. Your friends are right, it's a matter of time.

JKB said...

Kerri - I do. And to think, I met so many of them online.

Pseu - It is tough. But it will happen. (You're one of those friends goof)

:)

marsh to the fore said...

So true. P will leave her muddy footprints in someone's heart just as she's left those footprints in all of our hearts.

Don't let it get you down, kiddo. This is the toughest part--waiting. Who can stand waiting?