Tuesday, 31 March 2009

Day 2: Lurker Irritation

I know you've had it. 

That little nagging sense of irritation at a blog. One you like, you like their book, you like their style, you comment and ..... 

... nothing. 

For me, personally, this is my deal-breaker. If I'm thinking about you, and liking your posts enough to comment, as well as think about spending some of my dough on a book of yours...and you aren't somebody like Neil Gaiman, JK Rowling or Steven King, is it too much to ask to get a return comment. 

Because hey, it's all about the networking, bb. And negative spin doesn't help a launch...

...I'd like to direct you to someone I think is doing all her debut-stuff right. She didn't know me from Adam, but she took the time to comment, be a classy dame, and that *in itself* is enough for me to buy her book. (Besides for the fact that her book just sounds cool).

What about you? What's your dealbreaker? Here's another frakkin' quiz:



5 comments:

AutumnZ said...

Ouch. I don't usually comment back, but I will now :-)

JKB said...

LOL!

You comment, AZ, I feel like you're on top of things. I'm thinking more along the lines of writers that ignore others. I feel that is crass.

Heidi said...

I totally get this. If I make the effort to comment, I'd like to at least have the courtesy of a response - even if only once. They don't have to blogroll me or anything. But a comment - even on their own blog comments - that acknowledges that I wrote, is important. I think, for no other reason, so I don't feel like the high school geek left out of the cool club that way.

But I will keep going back to a blog if it's really good and I enjoy it, whether I comment, or they comment on mine. Just because I like it. I probably won't comment if they don't acknowledge me. But I might still read. I can think of maybe two like this. And I only read when everything else is done. Which, as you know, is almost never!! :)

Community of writers is so important. It's how I met you and Heidi TH, and how 4 corners started. Because you guys commented on mine, and I on yours. And it was born. Important? I'd say so!!

Kerri said...

You know my pet peeve: bad mouthing. Makes me crazy.

Diane Gallant said...

I have to agree. I don't expect every blogger whose blog I comment on to visit mine - not by a long shot - but I can think of 2 writer/bloggers whose blogs I've visited numerous times, and complimented, and linked to (!), because they were very interesting - and who never paid a return visit, as far as I know. Yes, I feel slighted by them. No, I'm not interested in buying their book. Yes, it's personal. I never thought of it that way until now.