Monday, 2 March 2009

Monday Ramblings

I have to apologize, you all. 

It's a roller coaster, this whole submissions process, no lie. I've found ways to cope (see the Secrets to cope series) and everything. But I'm not writing like I want to lately, and I had to try and figure out why. 

I think it comes down to the wait. The hope. The will that P finds her home out in the world. It's like you sending your kid off to college...can they make it alone? All alone out in the big world? You don't really know, so you plan, and prepare, and give them everything they need, get them in touch with the right people, and then...you wait. 

And that's where I'm at. The waiting. Don't get me wrong, we're getting good news and lots of compliments, but it's just not all the way there. So I wait some more and workout some more (a friend recommended that, which really helps, more on that below) and wait. And wait. 

At least I have my day job. Which rocks, incidentally. I love the people I've met there and I'm not freaked out in the slightest to say I like my boss. He has, as he's Canadian, a right odd sense of humor and we crack each other up when we're stressed. Like lately. 

Also..>I've lost 15 pounds in a month! I'm pretty excited about that. Cindy, a friend of mine told me I should work out when I started subbing and she was right! :) So Cindy, I salute you! When I do get that contract, I'll be so svelte and pretty!

My cats seem to have some sort of kitteh issues...they are missing their papa terribly. :(

It was warm yesterday! Really warm! Hubs went for a run and didn't freeze anything off, which is good....

....and this post is wayyyy too random. How's your day going?

4 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Well, it's bright and sunny again this morning! But it's also Freezeyerassoff degrees Celsius, with a windchill of Holycrap.

Yeah, so the waiting... as if we weren't nuts already, eh?

Which reminds me... I'm relieved that your boss is Canadian. You keep doing what you do over there in Europe, and we'll keep sending you comedians!

Heidi said...

Well, we are snowed under here with Heidi the Hick's windchill of Holycrap, but at least it's really pretty.

You sound good. I'm glad work is going well. It's important for not everything in your life to be on hold.

I'm so impressed with your weight loss and your determination. Go you!!

And I like these random posts. :)

(hey! my verification word is presson... cool!!!)

pseudosu said...

Good for you! 15 lbs is major-- be careful, don't become skeletal. It must be hard to move onto other characters now. When I work on my "next one" i'm doing a series (i know, nuts when nothing's ever happened w/ #1) but that feels good because i'm still playing w/ same characters-- keeping them alive. Wishing you good news SOON.

marsh to the fore said...

Fifteen pounds. That's is great. You must be floating.

Yes, subbing a book must be like sending a kid off to college. Had not thought of that. The waiting must be so tough.

Jen, fill me in on the new job. That sounds so good for you. I am so glad!