Tuesday, 9 June 2009

Well holy cow.

I've done gone and joined the SCBWI. It's my first 'official' writing group I've joined, rather than started.

There seem to be lots of benefits, and most all the authors and illustrators I really respect are members. So I think I'm in good company. The only other group I want to join is the Western Writer's Guild. Then I'm good on groups, really.

There's also a rumour that there are events in Germany. I suppose that remains to be seen, but I'd love to help get something going here. I know myself and Kerri would both love to branch out and meet other children's writers here in DE. Currently, not a lot of luck.

There's nothing worse than feeling so cut off from the entire writing and illustrating group of people we belong to (one of the only minuses of living here, tbh).

There's a lot of there's in this post. There There There...once you stare at that word, doesn't it start to look like it's not been spelled correctly?

3 comments:

pseudosu said...

How ironic, I posted about groups and joining etc this week too. Everyone likes to feel connected don't they? (btw- you've been inducted into my tribe.) :)

marsh to the fore said...

Good for you! I'm a firm believer in SCBWI. I've only missed a couple of meetings I've wanted to attend and those were for good reasons. Really a great organization.

Lenore said...

Where are you in DE? I know they have a lot of meeting in Munich, but the rest of us are out of luck. I do get together with another writer here in Frankfurt though!

And you can totally borrow my copy of CATCHING FIRE and whatever else if you are close. Ann does it all the time. I practically have a childrens/YA library by now!