Wednesday, 29 July 2009

Belief vs Fear

I believe in my book, don't get me wrong.

But I'm in the middle of the book and it's dragging. Not from the story; I know what I'm gonna do, and mostly how it's gonna end, but I know what's happening. It's the life outside of my books. It's making me mad. There's been so many changes in my life this month and last month it's ... just ... overwhelming so much to do.

I've found myself this last week almost completely stymied...and haven't written a thing.

However, it seems like to me that I might have found my way again, and you know how? From critiquing other people's chapters. An added benefit!

It seems to me that there is no one real way of writing. Even if you have to do it or your heart cries, there's still always the fact that sometimes you'll have life going and crushing it out of you, or too much to do, or or or.

Even if it's a word a day, I'm gonna write.

Are you in with me?

6 comments:

notenoughwords said...

I'm in :)

Patti said...

I know how you feel. I'm in with the writing everyday, even if it's just a little bit.

Janna Qualman said...

Absolutely. I know just what you mean, and I'm in.

Heidi the Hick said...

a word a day is sometimes the best I can do but it's better than nothing.

Heidi Willis said...

moving, even slowly, is better than stagnating.

Still, sometimes a break from writing while letting your mind stew, works, too.

I am champing at the bit to get back at it. I'm so glad you are keeping at it - even with all the change that's going on in your life.

pseudosu said...

I'm still "writing" in my head if that counts-- oh god that sounds lame of course it doesn't. But I am reading, and stewing, and fortifying myself with the words of others until i can get back at it.