Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Getting the hang of it

As you all might know if you follow me on Twitter, last night I had an accident.

I was walking into our bathroom (which has a very low door) and bashed my head upon it. I am (un)happy to report that my hubs confirmed it does sound just like a melon cracking. Which is gross.

The funny part? My first thought was "Crap, this HURTS!" and my second thought was, "it's all story fodder." And that second thought I've had quite a bit lately.

So there you go.

Everything in my life is story fodder, and I'm okay with that.

5 comments:

Kristin B said...

Don't you love that part of your brain that pops up at every little thing to announce that it would be great in a story? It's like an implant that won't shut up.

Which sounds like a great idea for a story...;)

Heidi said...

that's one of the best parts of being a writer...

you can make almost anything bad worthwhile if you can put it in a book.

And usually those are the quirky, funny details that make a book really good.

Sorry about your head, though. That does really stink!

marsh to the fore said...

Ouch! Hope the head's feeling better.

Are there any other traps awaiting you in your new digs you should be aware of?

Heidi the Hick said...

Weird, I thought Germans are tall and would build tall doorways. You would NOT be happy in my Dad's little old barn!

Seriously, a melon cracking.

Yeesh.

Can't wait to see how this ends up

Patti said...

I always tell my kids if nothing bad happens to you then you won't have any stories to tell when you're older.