Monday, 6 July 2009

Hello everyone!

How you all doin'?

What's been going on over here??

How's writing?

Mine has...fallen down and can't get up. The one positive of having a four hour commute daily was the fact I could get in up to a chapter a day of rough material. Now that I sleep in until like 7, roll up to work at 9, I ... am slacking.

I plan to get back on the horse today, though. Even if it's only 500 words, I want this book done. I want, even more so, to get myself back in the saddle of writing every day. This nice life of being with the husband and the cats in one room all the time is spoiling me.

So today I begin writing again. No more time for slackin', peeps!

Fill me in about you!

8 comments:

Merrilee said...

You're just re-establishing your routine, that's all. New home, new job, things have to reshape themselves.

Kerri said...

I think summertime forces us to slow down. There's so many more things to do. Go at the pace life dictates and wait until you hit one of your sprints.

Janna Qualman said...

Argh, I've been slacking, too. I did so well for awhile, writing at least 1000 words every day. And then I lost my mojo.

It's something I expect of myself; the back and forth with motivation. I just keep hoping for change!

Patti said...

Sometimes life just gets in the way, but that's okay. How do you like your new home.

Heidi said...

Well if you moved, got a new job, AND kept writing chapters a day, I might have to totally give up hope of ever keeping up with you!!

As it is, give yourself some slack to find a new rhythm.

Of course, I might just be saying this because I'm not writing at all these days...

pseudosu said...

Wow- you ARE human! Your new life sounds wonderful. Enjoy it and getting back in the saddle. I'm back in high gear art mode again, recovering from my "incident" still, preparoing to be invaded by sis and the ankle biters, so writing is sadly back burner again. : /

marsh to the fore said...

Hey, you're allowed a day off! You just moved, in case all those boxes--empty and not so empty--don't remind you.

I wrote all of 1300 words last Saturday. I was at Wild Horse and the slave driver husband was at a baseball game with son and grandson.

(Yesterday was that dreaded F word. you know what I mean.) There's all sort of unmentionables that start with the letter F. including Finances. Interesting.

Heidi the Hick said...

Back in the saddle- yay, me too! Not the metaphorical one though... the real one. Which is awesome! But doesn't get any writing done.

I choose not to stress over it, because I know it will come back. I find myself going over scenes and plotting while I move nasty old straw out of the barn. It's all good. You'll find your groove too!