Tuesday, 25 August 2009

Better now

Well, I got some words in yesterday - about 2,5 k worth - so I'm not feeling too bad. I'm to the last scene, easily. Just have to push it out.

I don't know why I'm looking forward so much to seeing the end of this book. I love the characters, I love the plot, I love everything about it, but I want to write the end here. I think it might be in part that this book happened while everything crazy was happening, the previous job, moving here, all the pregnancy stuff...I want to write the end.

And then what will I do?

First, I'll let it sit a bit. Maybe a couple weeks, maybe more. I'll work on revising the Forester's Son, get that up to snuff to send out to beta readers, *then* I'll work on revising PoloGRRL. Then make what edits/changes to FS, send that to da Agent, and then do the same for PG.

Then? Then, I shall take a break. :-) I have a couple ideas for the next book but nothing's insisting, yet, and I want that before I begin. I need that before I begin.

Where are you in your writing right now?

4 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

Look at you go! Keep it up.

I'm still in the really-think-hard-about-it-and-try-to-force-myself-to-write stage. :P

Patti said...

That's amazing, great work.

I'm letting one project sit and am working on two more. I was full steam ahead last week this week not so much.

Brit said...

Jen, you amaze me!

As for me? Rewriting MM in first person, or attempting to. Not sure I've got the feel for it yet. And dabbling a bit here and there with New-WIP.

notenoughwords said...

So close! You'll be finished in no time at that pace. Glad to hear the words have come back :)

Me, I'm into day 2 of not writing. Today is a long work day, remote client, so probably no writing tonight, either *sigh*