Thursday, 6 August 2009

An ode.

He handed me a piece of pizza when i first saw him. He was skinny and dangly, like a sighthound not fully grown into his power yet.

He is kind, and wise, and a smart ass, and brilliant, and everything I always hoped for but never ever believed I'd get, in a million years.

His blue eyes warm and crinkle at the corners when I hug him, and he holds his tiny cat in his wide, capable hands.

We have a secret, and you'll learn it next week, but he's handled all that with aplomb too.

Happy anniversary, darling.

XOXO

3 comments:

pseudosu said...

He was handing out pizza?! You're LUCKY you saw him first dude...
Srsly- congrats. :)

Heidi Willis said...

a wonderful ode! You are indeed lucky... or blessed...or getting what you've always never believe you deserved but did.

However you want to look at it...

Congrats!

AutumnZ said...

Happy anniversary. I'm so glad you found each other.