Friday, 14 August 2009

Sorry guys

The news from earlier in this week has really knocked us down here at Casa Blom. It's fantastic and wonderful but MAN. My brain is foggy and it's fallen down and can't get up, it seems like.

But things are moving along. Yesterday I made some time, sat down and got in an entire chapter. I hadn't hardly done that since we moved here, and it felt good. I've talked with the hubs and I think I'm gonna introduce a writing evening one night a week (see how it goes) where I have the entire evening to write. It seems to be a success, because in the mornings I'm even more foggy than normal, if that can be.

And in personal news, last night I came home to a bathroom that actually has a toilet roll holder, a shower curtain (and hanger) and towel hangers all set up! THAT, my friends, is an accomplishment. You never realize how used to them you are before you move into a place without any.

Sigh.

So I've got about 44,7k of words in PG. I really, come what may, would like to finish this book first draft by the end of the month. I think I need it for my brain. Good thing is we're definitely on the slippery slope down, and I know what is gonna happen and how it's gonna fall. The last couple books I didn't, so this is different and a relief.

How's your writing coming along!

3 comments:

Heidi Willis said...

this is outstanding news! Baby good. Book coming along. Toilet paper rolls assembled. What more could you ask for??

I think having one writing night a week is a great idea. It will give you a great sense of accomplishment, and it will relieve some of the stress you may feel when your time is slipping away from you.

As the months go on, you'll have more energy, too. The first 12 weeks are a bear! I was sick the entire pregnancy, but the overwhelming need to fall asleep left around 12 weeks.

Pregnant, moving, you are still kicking my bum!!

notenoughwords said...

That's the way! Keep writing, and your brain will behave, even if it is sluggish and off with the fairies.

Lol, as for the bathroom, it's the little things we miss!

JKB said...

Heidi, everybody says that the first 12 weeks are the worst. I'm hoping for that, srsly. I need some energy back. I do not think I am kicking your bum. :'))))

Merrilee, I need the brain BACK. But I'm happy that I have a toilet roll holder! YAYA!!!!!

lol