Tuesday, 22 September 2009

REVISION NIGHT

So tonight is revision night. Isn't that great?

I am a big bundle of want. Want Want Want.

I'm moving right along, although I want to jump ahead of myself. I want PG done, so I can revise FS. I want betas and crit group to read PG, so I can finish it. I want to get it to The Agent. I want to revise FS. I want that one critted and betad. I want that one to go to The Agent.

And I want to start my new book.

*sigh*

I know. But I do. And it's such a fun premise. Really makes me excited. (But then again, doesn't every new idea get me excited? Heh. I am an excitement over new ideas whore).

The nice thing is that by the time I actually start that new idea, I'll be in the good habit of writing/editing every night (or so), and it would move along like the wind. Right? RIGHT?

That is, if I manage to get these books revised before the baby is here.

heh

4 comments:

marsh to the fore said...

Oh yeah, that last line is going to be tough because there's so much to do yet.

Yes or no:

Crib in place?

Or Bassinet?

Changing table?

Diapers?

You will absolutely love it!

And knowing you, you'll have that baby in a sling and do it all!

Heidi Willis said...

I was reading the other day about how James Patterson isn't so much an author as a book machine. He's got this whole process unlike the traditional kind (you know - the writer writes book, writer edits book, writer sells book...)

I think you should do sort of the same (only with higher quality). Hire yourself a revisor. That way you write write write and then give pages of notes to the revisor who can revise while you write the next one.

Okay - so I'm just kidding. Because who could revise your books as well as you? On the other hand, one might work cheaper than a nanny...

Heidi the Hick said...

I'm not worried about you because you thrive on that kind of excitement. Just remember when Loki arrives: take the time to sleep!!! The ideas can all be written down in a notebook and get turned into stories when your time settles in. And you'll always have more!!

Erin Halm said...

Yes Jen, get it done before the baby comes. Then you´ll be in a whole different category of want, like I WANT TO SLEEP, I WANT MY BOOBS BACK, this list of wants goes on....