Wednesday, 21 October 2009

In which I melt down...

...book is gone. Finito. My first chance to make a first impression on the second book I give The Agent is now forever gone.

Of course now, I'm dying little deaths. What if it's not as good as I thought? What happens if she says she didn't love it? What happens if she said she DID!

Next comes the wait. The horrible, horrible wait. And since I'm waiting until 1 November to start Panic@theDogShow, I'm stuck for two weeks doing...what? Maybe some revisions to Forester's Son? I still have to finish that one.

*sigh*

Guess it'll be that.

I feel so...lonely and sad with no main book taking up my life. This situation must be rectified.

But for now, I will look forward to my knitting class this evening (gonna learn how to make a Hairless Kitteh Sweatah!) and try and enjoy the wait until I hear from the Wonder Agent on PoloGRRL.

Cross your fingers and toes.

5 comments:

Patti said...

So you're telling me that after finishing I won't feel elate, happy, excited, just worried, anxious, and a little lonely.

What to do?

JKB said...

Write the next one. That's all I can do.

Heidi Willis said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I don't think you'll need it. :) Marlene will love it. You've got a great story, with a fantastic character.

I can't believe you'll wait until Nov 1 to start your new one. That's a LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time for you! :)

Hilary Wagner ~ Writer said...

Shut it, Possum Girl! It's going to go great & she is going to think you are a literary genius! That little lady in Florida is going to freak out with joy when she reads your MS!

No melting down allowed, unless it involves molten chocolate lava cake! Understood???

xoxo -- Hilary

JKB said...

I HEART YOU GUYS

XOXOXOXOOX