Monday, 26 October 2009

Planning...

...for this week.

Okay. I've got six days left of this week plus what is left of this evening once I get home and settled.

That ain't a lot.

But while I wait for feedback on PoloGRRL from The Wonder Agent, I'm planning the NaNo book (which coincidentally is my next book, PDS as it will be known here) and I want to work on Forester's son too.

So here is what I need to accomplish this week:

1. List of characters and names for PDS (this is a little complicated, only in that I want the dogs' registered names to be plays on famous dogs of that type. And I need to make sure all my quiet quips, as I'm calling them, make sense and are relevant to the breed in question.

2. Write a short list of the first few scenes. Since I'll be doing this in two POVs (I know, shoot me) I want to have a clear view going in of each chapter. It's gonna be fun! *whimper*

3 I think what might actually help me edit FS is to read the whole thing through, then make a list of the chapters + what should occur in each. As well as make a list of things I want to happen in the book. And then try to rectify them.

I swear, this is the most irritating book, but I can't quit it.

Since I have a new book group as well as a knitting class, I think I need to settle for all this. I'm gonna check in each day and get ready for NaNo that way, because I'll be updating here daily my word count too.

I really want to try and succeed at this 50k in a month. For me, that's practically my book!

And you? Will you be in NaNo?

5 comments:

ChristaCarol said...

Totally trying NaNo this year, but not shooting for the 50K goal, more like 28K, simply cause I know unless I ignore my family and fail my classes in school, it isn't a realistic goal. And frankly, I love my family, and don't want to fail school, so yeah :P

Kerri said...

I shall live through you and cheer you on! *pom poms waving*

amybai said...

*jealous jealous*

I shall have to live vicariously too: somehow I'm always in the middle of something else when NaNo comes around. Pout. Snarl. Whinge.

Good luck! Sounds like you've got it all planned. :)

Patti said...

I think I'll still be editing. I was hoping to be done so I could try it. Maybe next year.

marsh to the fore said...

I love how you got this whole thing planned and knowing you, you'll do it!