Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Tick, tock, tick, tock

So goes my life away from me.

Well, I have my dog names list. It's good. I have the main players list. It is also good. Next on the list is to get those scenes down. I recently read through "The Art of Racing in the Rain", as one of my major POV (I have two) is ... a dog. I know, but I want to try it. It will either be totally awesome or a big fat splat cow patty.

I'm hoping for awesome.

I think I need to work more on my patience. Because I seem to have lost it, and I don't particularly like that. I'm waiting for EVERYTHING. *sigh*

Nano comments on Twitter and otherwise seem to be picking up. I'm sad some of you won't be doing it, but still! There is always next year! And it just worked perfectly for me this year.

We'll see how it goes.

I do think I want to write a basic synopsis slash outline to make sure I have all my clues in a row. And oh, that's another thing I need to make, a list of clues. Some that can only be seen by hoomans, some only by dogs.

And that's all I'll say about that.

4 comments:

Merrilee said...

Clues? Excellent! Sounds like a great story. Dogs win :)

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh my gosh, I hate waiting, and this year I've been forced to do so much of it. So I feel your pain.

I think this is the perfect time for you to do NaNo. You can do it. I did it a few years back with a puppy in my lap, writing between appts with the shrink. YOU can totally do this!!!

(My book was crap by the way and will never become an actual book. Yours will!)

Patti said...

Sounds like an interesting concept. Have fun, wish I was joining you, but edits on my current WIP will be taking precendent.

Heidi Willis said...

You are at the perfect point to do NaNo, and I think you are doing exactly the right thing by planning and plotting it out so it will go faster and more smoothly for you.

You'd think it'd be perfect timing for me too, but I think I'm just a scaredy cat. And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't succeed.