Tuesday, 13 October 2009

"Well, HEiiiiiidieee-hoooooo!"

(That's "Hello" from Hanky the Christmas Poo. You know, from Southpark.)

Things are going along just swimmingly here. Yesterday, we found out what Loki is. (And no, I won't be referring to Loks as a boy or girl on the blog here, as we want to surprise the parents and I think sometimes they stop by, and BOY and GIRL are understandable even to German speakers.) So if you want to know, Tweet me or shoot me a mail and we'll do it that way.

PG is currently being read, and I've got a whole other week before I have to give it on my self-imposed deadline, so I'm feeling pretty good. I haven't started the FS revisions, mainly because PDS (the new MS) is so strident and I'm taking a big relaxing break right now, and reading other's work. It's nice!

And I'm also...

...knitting!

That's right! My husband poo poos it as a "old woman activity" but I keep telling him knitting is hot, hot, hot. And if I can learn enough to make my favourite kind of sweaters, and baby stuff, and winter scarves (which cost THE EARTH here if you want a nice one!) it pays for itself! Plus it's so nice and calming and chilly. Me likey big time.

It goes well with my other activities. I like to do stuff with my hands, and often I need to think out a plot point. So this is the optimal way of avoiding an sort of plot traffic-jam in my head.

Primo!

5 comments:

Heidi Willis said...

and here i thought you were having a girl and naming her Heidi. :)

I used to knit and it is very therapeutic. :) I want to see pics of those awesome scarves!

Patti said...

I'd admire anyone who can knit. I don't have the patience.

marsh to the fore said...

I never tried knitting but loved crocheting--the short time I did it. I actually crocheted (sp?) a scarf for both my sons which they promptly lost but the exercise was fun. I think knitting is a great idea! It's got to be great way to relax and the thoughts come. Almost as good as writing on a blank page!

notenoughwords said...

Knitting is awesome, and very fashionable! Have you checked out Ravelry?
http://www.ravelry.com/

pseudosu said...

You needs to knit yourself your very own kitty hat...