Monday, 30 November 2009

Editing the Book that doesn't want to be.

Well, I've committed.

Forester's Son is in editing revisions. And truthfully, it makes me happy. But this book. This BOOK!! *argh* I've had it finished over a year, now. I think, that I was not good enough yet to consider revising this book at that time when I finished. I don't know that I'm perfectly qualified now, but I think I'm better after revising the older MS for Super Agent.

You know what's funny? That even my critique group refers to this MS as "The Book that Won't Die."

I can't let it, because I love it so. But holy cow is there a lot to do with it. I don't think I can get it all done in one month.

Have you ever had a book like this? Irritating but yet so rewarding?

3 comments:

Patti said...

I think that's my book right now. I've breathed a little more life into with this final edit, but if no one wants it, I think I'll have to put it to sleep.

Hilary Wagner ~ Writer said...

You CAN do it and if you don't rats on their way to Germany!!!

xoxo -- Hilary

Heidi Yantzi said...

Yes, and you've read it. I am refusing to add up how many years I've spent on it! Also, refusing to give up. it might not happen anytime soon, but that book will happen!

I know this project of yours will be something special, and please dont' worry about the time it takes.