Friday, 11 December 2009

International Agent Appreciation Day

Hey guys!

Today is International Agent Appreciation Day! Brain child of my online buddy Kodi, IAAD is designed to offset some of the real negativity that agents get on a day-to-day basis. Agents in general have a very difficult job, and all this negativity just can't be...beneficial. I mean, think about it. They don't get paid unless their writers do! They have to be the bad guy in most all situations, as their writers want (well, most of them do!) their full, unvarnished opinion on most every aspect of their writing process.

So, what makes MY AGENT Marlene Stringer so fantabulously perfect?

**insert fangirl squee here**

So, so many things. She tells me the full truth, she gets back to me in split seconds, she is always funny, warm and her normal awesome self. She doesn't treat other writers that have her as an agent differently than me (and believe me, writers with the same agent do talk!), she answers her queries punctually, she treats writers trying to break in with warmth and sincerity, she tweets pubtips that, if you're following her and have no agent, will help you get one. Guaranteed.

If she's behind, she'll tell you. She has a real life, and she still manages to do everything for everybody. I don't know how she does it.

But a few special things. She does NOT give up. We've been subbing my first novel for a while. And she is still every bit as supportive of my book, my talent, and my career as she was when she first took me on. She doesn't drop her writers. And she sells. Good golly gee, does she sell! In her first year of being on her own, she's done an amazing amount of sells! Debuts, second books, series...the woman is a selling machine.

She sent me powdered donuts and a pregnancy book that actually helped me with the fear of labour. I mean...MAN. *LOVE FEST*

(But as they say, you don't have to take just MY word for it. Check out my other surprises for my lovely agent!


Happy Agent Appreciation day, Marlene! I hope you know how much I treasure you!

4 comments:

Kody Keplinger said...

Great post, Jennifer! Happy agent day!!!

lucylilo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzette Saxton said...

Happy Unofficially Official Agent Day! Marlene is a true gem.

Oo, love my verification word: blessess (perfect for this post!)

Medeia Sharif said...

I saw so many other people join in to appreciate their agents.