Thursday, 11 February 2010

BABY edition: OMG HUNGER

Everything's moving along here, little Loki. Weird to think that you'll be here in about seven weeks. It's hard for your mum and papa to get their heads around this. Very hard.

We have your pram, after this weekend we'll have your crib, and bassinet, and changing table, and cupboard, your YaYa and Gramps are coming to visit to help get everything set up, and I'm basically on bed rest because you play havoc with my body.

Isn't that nice?

And I'm feeling a bit of stress because I am only halfway done with revisions to Panic, I have secondary revisions to do to PoloGRRL, and then of course there's Forester's Son, who hasn't been touched past the first four chapters. And I want to get all this done in these next seven weeks. I don't know how lucky I will be.

Your papa swears that you'll come two weeks early. I can only gasp, sob and plead that you please listen to your mummy who has too much to do and you come at the proper time.

Please?

4 comments:

Sara McClung ♥ said...

Don't panic (badoom ching! pun intended)

Sending lots of *proper time* vibes your way!!

Patti said...

Don't stress, contrary to popular belief, life does not end after you have a baby. Okay, maybe just for a little bit.

Merrilee said...

Just let things happen. This is a special time, and it goes so fast! Relax :) Everything will be ok.

Heidi Willis said...

Patti is right - life doesn't end when the baby comes. If you don't get it all done, it will still be there after she's here. And for a little while, anyway, you won't even care if it's not done. I promise. :)

And the proper time is whenever she arrives. :) I promise you'll think so too.