Monday, 1 March 2010

In which I wonder if I'm kind of cool.

My cool blog buddies, Amy and Medeia, are to be either commended or have their heads examined.

Why?

Well, I got myself a couple of awards last week from them, and in true JKB style, I'm gonna pass them on here and be all about the love spreading. (That is completely different than manure spreading, btw - or maybe.... )

Medeia gave me the "One Lovely Blog" Award. It is pretteh, and I hereby slap this moniker also on the following blogs!

- Brit at Dream the Dream

The next award is a little ... unconventional. Here are the rules:

. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.
5. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

So here are my people. Tell me your BEST LIES, guys!


Here are my lies...and one truth
  1. I adore cakes. Chocolate cakes Red Velvet cakes cakes cakes. Can't get enough of them. Will go into stores just to look at their selection, and often bring a piece home for tea.
  2. When I was eight years old I had my brother convinced that I originated from where fairies came from, and if he ate enough of the fairy mud pies I made for him he'd become a fairy too.
  3. I have totally been reincarnated from a 60's hippie that OD'd, thus my penchant for what my husband calls my 'herb bags' and 60's classic rock.
  4. I have lived in more towns in Germany than towns in the US.
  5. I fought off a shark once on my board at Bondi Beach. He was coming for me and I whacked him between the eyes. I'm wearing him as a belt to this day.
  6. I was not only in a sorority, I became the "sweetheart" of a frat at the same university and was completely and totally slavered over. My word was LAW, people. LAW.
  7. It's possible for me to purchase Dr Pepper at stores here in Germany.

9 comments:

Heidi Willis said...

Those are awesome lies!! I'll bet I can tell which one is truth, but I'll keep my mouth shut. :)

Thank you so much for the lovely award, and thank you even more for not giving me the lies one. I stink at lies. It's a curse.

Stephen Parrish said...

#2 is the true one. I think.

Dr. Pepper in Germany? Ha ha ha ha ha.

Patti said...

I'm pretty sure there's no Dr. Pepper in Germany and that must be one awesome belt.

amybai said...

Oh, I SO want it to be #2. That's beautiful.

Heidi the Hick said...

aw crap, I'm a bad liar! Maybe if I pretend it's fiction I can do it.

Okay hang on, this will take some thinking . I'll be back!

notenoughwords said...

I voted #2, but blogspot ate my comment!

Thank you for the nomination, I will see what I can come up with :D

Jennifer said...

Hmmmm. If it read 'It's possible for me to purchase Dr. Pepper wherever I want in Germany' it would have been different, but I know a place that's just a ten minute walk from here and I've mentioned it to you before....

That said, I think it's #2, too. And if you want that Dr.Pepper, I can have it on your doorstep in a flash.

Janna Qualman said...

Aw, I gotta go with my Dr Pepper. #7 is truth!

You're so cute. :)

pseudosu said...

Oh that sorority thing-- I can't decide whether I detest the idea of you being in one of those elitist cults or love the idea of you bossing around frat boys.

I have no doubt your word is pretty much law wherever you roam. ;D

I'll have to say #4. You just strike me as a total globe trotter.

And thanks for the award! If you ask my mom coming up with the one truth will be the hardest part. ;)