Thursday, 25 March 2010

So sick of me,

I am.

I am so sick of my own whining I can hardly stand it. I have so much that I didn't have, even a year ago. I am so lucky.

It's just this tiredness, you know. It is insidious; it sneaks into every part of my life and before I know it I'm melting down on the hubs (who doesn't deserve it) the cats (who definitely don't deserve it) or myself. And I'm just sick of it.

So I'm gonna write myself a short blog post (in the spirit of Patti today, who inspired me!) about the remarkable things I have to be thankful for. I mean sheesh, do I pull it down to the tiniest things. There are so many great things I have!

My darling, most wonderful husband in the entire world. My sweet little kid Loki, who appears to have Princess tendencies. My two lovely cats - first off my familiar the Black Cat, and secondly the Blue cat, without whom we wouldn't have the 11 pm rouseabout through the house.

Every night.

I am okay healthy. I survived a major surgery just a couple weeks ago! We have a house, and food, and some money. We don't have any diseases.

For crying out loud, I sold my book! Talk about what I had considered impossible! I have the best agent in the entire damn world.

I have you guys, my wonderful adorable readers...and the internet. And Twitter! Technology makes everything possible for me - to know such wonderful people around the world, to have such opportunities even when I'm halfway away around the world from the place I grew up.

Then there's Berlin, my personal lucky charm of a city. Did I mention my husband? He makes everything possible with his amazing support and powerful JKB-*ss kicking foot. (I need it, believe me). There's my job, which I do love, and the people there ... amazing, fantastic people.

SO often I get caught up in the little things. Because yes, this sleeplessness is kicking my butt right now, but it won't. (RIGHT??) And then we'll go into a new routine, and all those wonderful things I listed here will STILL be there. But that doesn't mean I need to take them for granted.

Let me take a short moment to say thank you.

FOR YOU. Thanks.

:-))

9 comments:

beth said...

Sometimes it's just so important to remind ourselves of the good things :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Being thankful is really important! Nice post. :)

DL Hammons said...

Your most welcome!! :)

ChristaCarol said...

Two months. I tell you, lady, TWO MONTHS is the magic marker for baby #1. (It takes longer for adjustment/routine on baby #2 FYI :P) You will pull through the sleep deprivation, find a routine, your body will get use to the lack of sleep, and then you'll have issues again when baby actually sleeps through the night and your body ISN'T use to so much sleep you're tired. 2 months, magically, and things were better (mentally, anyway). 2 years is when I was like: Ok, I think I finally have figured out this mom thing. Plus, after two years, NO MORE TEETHING! (Just wait for that. Teething is the worst by far, the biggest bump-in-routine-ever).

You're a great mommy, and just the fact you're posting a post about being thankful says so much about YOU.

Heidi the Hick said...

I think it's really healthy for all of us to stop and get the thankfulness together. It's so easy to just bum out about the stuff that's not good... ESPECIALLY when you're tired!!!

You'll survive. Kiss that baby for me!

Heidi Willis said...

thankfulness rocks. You do, indeed, have SO MUCH to be thankful for!!

But it's easy to miss the big things when the little things are kicking out butts. And sleep deprivation...man. there's a reason they use it as a torture device.

You'll make it. :) Just keep focusing on the good.

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

This is a hard time - no sleep can equal whinyness.

we love you!

AutumnZ said...

It's okay to feel this way. I remember locking myself in my bathroom and sobbing my eyes out while all the family who came to visit enjoyed each others company in the living room.

You and Loki and your DH have been through a life altering event. It's okay to NOT feel like Mary Poppins.

Feel free to email me. nimbus1108 at charter dot net.

Medeia Sharif said...

Happy Sunday. I left a blog award for you on my blog.
http://sharifwrites.blogspot.com

I know you're overwhelmed, but you'll get through this time.