Monday, 15 March 2010

Starfish hands ...

... and a rosebud mouth.

Here is our new little princess, in all her glory.

I never really thought I could be so enamored with her. I never expected it. But last week as I lay in the hospital with her, I couldn't stop staring at her perfect little face, her fingers, her expressions...

...my husband had even appropriated my laptop and iPod Touch and you know what? I didn't even notice their absence.

And if you know me, you know this is something that has never ever happened before. :-)

But wouldn't you be a bit enamoured too?

Observe her strawberries and cream complexion, her tiny mouth, her delicate little nose...and SEE how small her fingers are!

See her grasp her papa's hand.

THE CHEEKS!!

*happy sigh*

THE CUTEST MOUTH EEEEVAR!

*crush*


She has her own hair ... a bright, shining viking red-gold color that glints in any hint of light. She has a PROPER temper, she's not a Pisces in that regard at all!

And we've thought about it and agree we'll continue to call her Loki here. I'll try not to embarrass her by writing down something she might later regret.

And besides, I like to still call her Loki. Our little changeling sure has put a number over on both of us. I can safely say we've both been changed by the appearance of this little number in our lives.

So welcome to the world, little Loki.

28 comments:

rin said...

congrats and all the best :).

Brooke said...

AMAZING! just AMAZING! more pictures! good work you two!

Benjamin Stürmer said...

Welcome to the world, young lady. Congratulations on your awesome mom and your excellent mouth.

Heidi Willis said...

Welcome to the world, Loki!! You are indeed a lucky, lucky girl!! And beautiful to boot...

:) We love you already!

sue laybourn said...

Jen, she's utterly gorgeous, just beautiful.
I am thrilled beyond words for you all.
Give her a kiss from me.

xxx

Contazz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly Derting said...

(I had to delete the last comment, my son's account was still signed in)

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!

Lenore said...

Congrats :) Registered at the embassay yet? ;)

kimmirich.wordpress.com said...

She's BEAUTIFUL, Jen!! Major congrats to you and yours. So happy all went well!!

Merrilee said...

Congratulations, Jen, she is gorgeous!

JKB said...

Thanks you guys! She is a lovely little flower, I'm totally agreeing with your WONDERFUL comments.

Thank you thank you thank you!

(And Lenore, nope, not yet. We had to first get the German all in order --- *sheesh* !!!! --- so probably next week we'll start the rigamarole with the US side.)

I <3 you all!

hope101 said...

Jen, she's so beautiful! You are entirely, totally deserving of your enrapturement. *waves hello to little Loki* Glad you broke radio silence to let us know all is well. Thought about you a lot!

Get some sleep, eh? I know that tank's probably running on empty.

Emily Kokie said...

Ah, Jen, congratulations! And welcome, Loki! So glad to see you back online and that all is well. :)

Patti said...

Congratulations, she's beautiful.

Jodi Meadows said...

She's beautiful! Thank you for sharing photos of her with us!

Selestial said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations :)

Teresa said...

She is beautiful and I am glad all is well! Enjoy your Loki, may she bring you much joy and happiness.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

What a super cutie!
Congratulations. :)

Janna Qualman said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations! She is wonderful, I can see it. Babies are so precious, and you're no doubt filled to the brim. She's gorgeous!

AutumnZ said...

How wonderful! Though, I would refer to her mouth as "Cupid's bow".

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh, I love your descriptions of her!!

That top lip is devastating me in a wonderful way. She's so lovely.

Have I mentioned how happy I am for you?

TalaMuir said...

Congratulations!!

Daniela said...

Welcome Loki! This is awesome, wonderful, brilliant news! And yes I agree she is a beauty. Caused some major "how cuuute" screams in the office today :-) All the best for you three, Daniela

ChristaCarol said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I want to hold her! And rock her! And sing to her! Darn you for having such a precious, beautiful, amazing baby that is the only baby I've seen in ages that has given me the baby bug. AND I DON'T want anymore kids, either, so that should say a lot! She is precious. Completely, utterly precious. I love her already, and I'm so proud and happy for you and your hubs. Enjoy the ride of motherhood! It's crazy, it's bumpy, and sometimes it's smooth sailing, and in the end, it's always totally worth it.

Smooches, Loki!

JKB said...

YOU guys are the BEST!!!!

XOXOXOXOX

And have prompted a change in my habits. See the next post!

Nicole Ducleroir said...

OMG She's gorgeous!! Congrats!!

The pics have me grinning from ear to ear, and I'm missing my sister, up in NY, who had a baby boy on Friday the 12th. Yay for babies!!

((hugs)) Nicole

Medeia Sharif said...

I was so worried about your hospitalization. I'm so glad you're back, and Loki is beautiful.

Chumplet - Sandra Cormier said...

That is one beautiful child. Glad you're both healthy and happy. Hope you get some sleep!