Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Things be a'changin'....

Yo, leute!

I've been a lot of things on this blog since it's inception. A writer failing at writing a fantasy. A querier. An agented writer. A pregnant chick. Then a non-pregnant, SOLD book writer within the space of a week or two. Insane.

And while I was out on my imposed 'baby and revision' leave time, I had a lot of time (at THREE in the morning!) to think about the direction I wanted to take this blog in.

Because let's be honest. How many whinging writers do you need to read in a day? And I was a whinger. A Class A, straight from the bottom of the bucket whinger. I didn't appreciate what I had enough. I wasn't ... positive ... enough for my fellow writers. I didn't respond to people commenting on my blog.

Well, I have had ENOUGH of that! You are now reading, dear readers, the new and improved JKB blog!

While I will still use this blog to keep track of where I'm at and what I'm doing, I want to be more positive. MORE SUPPORTIVE. Because in my perambulations around the internet, that was one thing I wasn't seeing a lot of. Positivity. Vitality. This book business can get one down so bad that before you know it (and I was THERE) you're just posting to get through a day and hoping that the next rejection comes AFTER you've eaten dinner so you don't puke it all up.

Yeah. That.

So I'll have interviews. I'll find nice happy LINKs. I'll introduce valuable information you might not have seen. I want you to think of this blog like your own little bit of RAINBOW AND PUPPIES daily.

*chirp chirp*

And if you're following me over there on the side? DUDE. I am totally following you back. And I've GOT your back!

So welcome to JKB 2.0! Hope you like!

I sure do!

4 comments:

Merrilee said...

LOL! We love you any which way, Jen :)

Stephen Parrish said...

You've had a lot going on, and you were never a whiner.

Heidi Willis said...

When I said motherhood fit you well, I had no idea! :)

I'm all about the positive, too...but sometimes life isn't all puppies and rainbows, so if you need to regress every now and then, we'll understand. :)

In the meantime, I'm enjoying your sunshine.

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds like a fun plan! Have fun with it :)