A funny thing happened on the way back to Berlin today. (I've been in Dortmund this week, letting Loki visit her grandparents and great-grandparents while I wrote up a revision attack list for PoloGRRL).
The clacking of the keys on my computer - it puts Loki to sleep like nothing else. And in thinking about it, that was the one constant...besides for my voice, hubs' voice and the crystal-breaking whines of the cats...that she knows.
So I had to think about the keynote sounds that make up my life. If I never heard any other sound ever again, what would be the sounds that would stick in my memory?
- the sound of hubs saying my nickname.
- Loki's snorts.
- keyboard taps.
- the whoosh of an email being sent.
- the clopping of horse hooves.
- the BlackCat's meow.
- the scratch of a pen on paper.
- the sound of a book's page being turned.
I think those are the main ones.