Monday, 10 May 2010

The keynotes of your life

What are they?

A funny thing happened on the way back to Berlin today. (I've been in Dortmund this week, letting Loki visit her grandparents and great-grandparents while I wrote up a revision attack list for PoloGRRL).

The clacking of the keys on my computer - it puts Loki to sleep like nothing else. And in thinking about it, that was the one constant...besides for my voice, hubs' voice and the crystal-breaking whines of the cats...that she knows.

So I had to think about the keynote sounds that make up my life. If I never heard any other sound ever again, what would be the sounds that would stick in my memory?

- the sound of hubs saying my nickname.
- Loki's snorts.
- keyboard taps.
- the whoosh of an email being sent.
- the clopping of horse hooves.
- the BlackCat's meow.
- the scratch of a pen on paper.
- the sound of a book's page being turned.

I think those are the main ones.

And you?

3 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

Neat idea :)

One of favourite sounds is my kids' laughter. Both laughs have changed much over the years, but it's still the best sound on earth.

Music.
Tapping of keys.
Music. :)

Bailey Alexander said...

My mother's voice, so calm, positive. She's no longer here, but her esprit will always stay with me...super fab that you live in Berlin, luv that place.

marissaburt said...

Aw, I love this post!

I would have to second my children's laughter! That, and the sound of the little swishing diaper as chubby baby legs totter down the hall. So precious - especially because it doesn't last long!