Wednesday, 26 May 2010

milestones....

I gotz dem.

So Sunday night I turned in my revised MS to my editor! (*tingly feeling*) A week early, too.

I have to say that although there has been major changes to this book, they all seem to not only mesh with how I *see* this MS but also actually make it a stronger book. I'm super excited to see how the Amazing Editor likes it. Also a bit nervous, too!

I'm presently working on the Book That Won't Go Away...aka The Forester's Son. It's been almost two years since I finished the rough draft, and I've tried to edit it other times. You know how you have a particular picture of how a book should be in your head? I've got a very exact one of this book, and I've given up many times before. But this time feels different.

It feels like I can get it done this time.

So, YAY for me.

And you? Ever had a book like that?

6 comments:

Heidi Willis said...

Yay for edits!! I'm so glad you think it's a stronger book.

Riley's story is one of those I'm going to have to come back to over and over. I'd completely put it away about three months ago and this weekend I suddenly figured out a major plot change. Sigh. Eventually I'll get back to it. The priority now though is finishing the one that's already nearly done.

Jemi Fraser said...

So exciting to turn in those edits! It's such a big step :)

Janna Qualman said...

It sounds like you're rockin'! Awesome, JKB. Keep up the great work!

Hilary Wagner ~ Writer said...

Oh, sorry, dude! Didn't you hear? Our editor only responds to rats...NOT possums!!! Bwwwaaaahhhh!!!!

xoxo -- Hilary

JKB said...

Heidi, Ha ha ha! You are right. But have fun going back to it! I will expect an angsty blog post, kk?? :-)

Jemi, it totally is. I am a wreck until I hear something. LOL.

Janna, I hope you're doing better. Still sending you lots of hugs. (((hug)))

Rat queen, I don't know what to do with you. But I'm gonna go all Black Death on your rats!

XD

marsh to the fore said...

Awesome to have that good feeling when you're sending your precious manuscript to your editor! Great!

Marsh