Monday, 3 May 2010

A squee, and a good morning

Wow. I thought being pregnant was hard!

HA HA HA! Stupid me!

XD

No, in other news, I was officially asked to do an official interview. About myself. As in like a guest post. Which is totally exciting but then I realized.

What the frak do I write about?

I mean, my husband gets mad at me because he accuses me of being modest. TOO modest. Almost unhealthily so. And maybe I am. But then when you think about it, I'm just a girl that likes to write that was lucky enough to find her perfect agent and said agent found a pub house that wanted my darling book.

I don't know any magic tricks to get published.

I don't have enough of an ego to assume I could tell *anybody* how to write or get published.

I don't do smoke and mirrors.

SO.

If you were me, what would you write about? Huh?

*pulls out the pen and paper, gets ready to make notes*

Hit me with your best shot!

7 comments:

Patti said...

I would just talk about your journey because I think that's what inspires people the most. Congrats on the interview.

Heidi Willis said...

Patti's right. The journey - how you decided what to write, how your experience with querying was, the editing and revising process, submitting to editors. That's what people want to know, because it's different for everyone, but it's inspiring to see that people make it.

I'm sure with your self-depreciating wit, no one will think you are anything but modest. :)

Benjamin Stürmer said...

Doesn't have to be about writing. You've had a pretty remarkable life. Dog trainer, tech writer, expat. There are stories there that I, for one, would love to learn more about.

Merrilee said...

It depends on the focus of the blog. Is it about people, about writing, about publishing? Tailor your post to the theme. :)

Janna Qualman said...

Ditto the journey. How'd it work for you? (In more detail than what you just posted.)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Yep, share your journey...Share a bit about what made you you...make the readers know you and then have to buy your book.

A.S. King said...

Be yourself. People will think you rock. Eventually, you will be able to say, "Yes, I do rock." And saying that does not make you a big-headed bad person. It simply means you have come to see yourself as we see you!