HOORAY! It's been awhile since I've had a shiny new prospect and since SuperAgent has also written off on this idea already, it's like it is extra-super special!
The unspecial bit?
I have to have a snake in this book. One of my kids in this book has a snake. A King snake.
Let me let you in on a little sekrit about your dear old me:
I detest snakes.
Do Not Like Them.
They are icky.
And yet, and YET - when the muse said snake (after I finished saying WTF!) I said 'okay, I can do this.'
So sometime in the next couple weeks I'm gonna track down a snake and touch it.
I've already been reading about them and it is confirmed:Me No Likey snakes.
I can tell you why.
- I almost stepped on a rattler when I was a kid.
- I have been chased by a water moc.
- I've run them over on the road when they have tried to attack my car.
- One got in my house once. I like to have had a heart attack.
- They like to eat chicken eggs. Sometimes, when I was little and gathering chicken eggs, I would come across one. The results were not pretty.
Snakes are few and far between in Germany. A fact that I love about Germany.
Ugh. I just hate snakes.