I thought I'd share them.
- If you don't ask, you won't ever find out.
- Sometimes when you ask, you get the best answer. EVER.
- Just when you think it's not possible to be any more sick of the same words, you get sicker.
- Publishing a book morphs into a whale of a project once you sign the contract.
- Marketing and the thoughts of obscurity can drive you nuts. Make a spreadsheet and write down all your ideas. You can use all of them in some way.
- Do not wait until three months before your pub date to do marketing. I've been working on it since February and things are finally falling into place now.
- A good website is worth its weight in gold.
- To get a good website sometimes you have to pay its weight. Ha ha!
- It's very humbling when your editor adores your book as much as you do. Very. Humbling.
So far, that's what I've got.
And you? What nuggets of wisdom have you learned along your path?