Thursday, 16 September 2010

Lead up...on marketing angles

...wow!

How is this month already more than half over! How can that be?

I have some interesting people planning on stopping by, but in the meantime, I've been working on the finalizations to my beautiful new website, which will make its debut on the 30th of this month!

It has me thinking about market. As in, do you know yours? (I had to figure out mine!)

I've been doing a lot of work on the different marketing angles I can consider for POSSUM SUMMER, and I can't help but think this might help you on your marketing plans. It can't hurt, and in fact my publisher encourages, different ideas with different angles to be given to them for review. Any new idea could turn into a golden one for your book!

So look at it. Answer me the following questions:

1. What is the THEME of your book? Success through adversity? Never giving up? Write it down.
2. Tell me three different aspects contained within your book that you could actually work into marketing angles. For instance, POSSUM SUMMER has an orphan possum in it. Guess which angle I'm going for here? Every possible angle I wrote down, and will consider.

Now, knowing this, make a list of possible blogs, internet radio, news outlet sources and informational products that might tie in with your book. (Now, if you're writing about sparkly unicorns, UM. *hee*) Once you have this, you can work up a MEDIA KIT (come back next week!) and figure out the best way to approach these people.

So tell me. What are your angles?

2 comments:

Matthew Rush said...

This is too hard for me to think about right now. I think I'd better find an agent first. Thanks though Jen!

Kimberly Mitchell said...

Oh, I've just been reading about all of this...umm...headache. Can't we just write? This is a good post, though, and I'll check back to see what you say on media kits!