Thursday, 14 October 2010

Loki updates


Today my brain is going 90 miles an hour so I'll give it as it seems to come today...in fits and starts.

1. Loki can pull out her binky, look at it, and put it back in. She can bounce herself in her bouncy chair, and BlackCat and BlueCat are her very favoritest animals in the ENTIRE WORLD. Everything stops when one of them visits her, she just gets so tickled.

1a. She gets bored of toys super easy but adores computers. In fact her papa sent me her very first email on Monday. It was very cute.

2. She likes to flip onto her stomach but *still* can't figure out how to get back. She gets so incredibly frustrated and she's just a _step_ from doing it and papa has to keep me from helping her. I know she won't learn it if I help her but still. She is so advanced everywhere else and then this little arm stays in her way and MAN does she have a temper.

3. She sings to herself when she's full and warm. It's the sweetest thing I've ever heard.
4. She will eat anything, and a cubic metric ton of it too. Not like her mum, who refused everything except Dr Pepper and french fries when small (Hey, the parents allowed it!)

5. She has the best and cutest dimples ever.

6. I am knitting her a scarf/hat/mittens set. So far the scarf is done, and the hat halfway. She will be so adorable. Picture will be here.

7. Even though Germany doesn't really do Halloween, we're having it. My BFF and her family are travelling over, we will dress the chitlins up (Loki is a VERY SCARY BLUE MONSTER) and go to Tony Romas. Quite the American weekend. There is even the rumor that in the southern American sector trick or treating is possible. I'll keep you posted.

8. We love her like the sun loves the moon. I didn't know we could be so happy.

9. I have turned into one of those people that can talk your ear off about their kid. I never would have thought this about myself.

10. I can't believe she's already so big. And so perfect.

6 comments:

Stephen Parrish said...

Fantastic. Yer a great mommy.

They have trick-or-treating down here in the "zone," the culture having been imported by American military families. I took Squirt out when she was little, and my doorbell still gets a workout.

More pictures, please.

Janna Qualman said...

So precious, every bit of it! I especially love #8.

aspiring_x said...

sweet! :)

Heidi Willis said...

The most heartwarming post I've read in a long time. :)

She is so beautiful.

Matthew Rush said...

Your named your child Loki? That is too cool for words.

Heidi the Hick said...

She has those teardrop shaped eyes, oh my gosh, and that smile, and those cheeks!!!!!!!