Wednesday, 6 October 2010

SO. Surreal.

So I think I really am gonna have a published book out in the wild! Line edits are practically over, the copy edits are happening as we speak and holy comma soon I'll have a release date and everything! (I already saw a line drawing of the cover and my heart almost stopped)

All the majors are already showing POSSUM SUMMER for order (as you can see to the right in the sidebar there). *dies* Do me a favor, would you? Go to your local indie and ask for PS. If you do, I'll give you a possum cookie. :-D

This is just all so weird. Hopefully I'll soon have the approval from my editor and marketing department to announce a fabulous contest and be able to show the cover and everything!

I'm sorry, this is all I can do today. I am just too excited for words!

6 comments:

Jan O'Hara (Tartitude) said...

Love your splash page, Jen. It's awesome! Now all you need is a new author photo and you're golden. ;)

Patti said...

You should be excited, that's exciting news.

JKB said...

Thank you Jan, darling! XOXO I am working on the author photo. I HATE it. I am afraid I'll break the camera!

Patti, I am excited. It's all so unreal. :-DDDD

Heidi Willis said...

Just wait til the book cover is on those websites. :) And somewhere you show up online as "an event" (Barnes and Nobles does that for book signings).

Surreal... and yet so real. :)

Soak it in!

Heidi the Hick said...

Well my heart rate goes up when I think of that book of yours.

I cannot imagine what it feels like for you!!!!!

Soak it up!!!

Medeia Sharif said...

I'm so happy reading your news.

I'd like a possum cookie. :)