Wednesday, 29 December 2010

Dear 2010,

I've got to admit, you've been very good to me. A very good year.

In january you kind of did me wrong, having me hugely pregnant and falling in the snow, which was not fun. But in February, when the big news of my sale came (especially when I'd just about gone and given up - even though my agent hadn't, she's a DREAM) I was VERILY stoked.

:-D

Then the baby thing happened, which was simultaneously amazing and scarring, and we slowly settled down into a routine. By the gods, we were parents. And good ones! Once the baby actually started *sleeping*, I came around to the idea that I could actually do this entire thing without losing it. Of course then I bit off too much and that hurt.

The following months were a little stressful. When you add a baby to trying to find the "right" follow up book to your little masterpiece, and having your agent carefully yet truthfully tell you 'this isn't it', well, that gets old. But I persevered! And thus "THE YOUNG BOY AND THE RIVER" was finished, made everyone that read it cry along with my agent who said this one would be great.

So now? What are we doing? Well, 2011, you've got a LOT to live up to! But I think settling back into work with Loki in the kindy will help move things along, and please send another couple book sales down the pipe! XO

Thanks, 2010.

2011, you're up.

(And I'd like to take a moment to wish you all a Happy New Years from me, my family, the hairless cats and Germany in general. I hope to see you when the year turns! XOXOX)

6 comments:

Stephen Parrish said...

2011 is gonna be tits. See you on the other side.

Heidi Willis said...

I knew 2010 would be the Year of Jen, and so it was. :)

2011 is looking to be even better to you. Happy New Year to you and you family!

Jemi Fraser said...

You had a marvelous year! Hope your 2011 is up to the challenge! :) Enjoy every moment!

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

What a year, girl! Wishing you as much joy and success in 2011!

Patti said...

It sounds like 2010 was a banner year, here's wishing you futher success in 2011.

Jan O'Hara (Tartitude) said...

Hope you're 2011 is looking up from where things were headed a few days ago. Just know I'm thinking about you!